Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed, during the busy week. This includes the latest videos from our content team and featured articles from the staff.
Sports Gaming News
- Project CARS 3 Patch #2, Legends Pack DLC & Free Yas Marina Circuit Available Today
- Two More Next-Gen Kobe Bryant Screenshots
- NBA 2K21 Introduces The City For Next-Gen Consoles – This is Literally Park and Neighborhood on Steroids – Affiliations Return
- NBA 2K21 Patch 1.05 Available – Adds Statement Uniforms For ’20-’21 Season, Player Likeness Updates & More – Patch Notes Here
- Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.15 Arrives Tomorrow, Some Patch Notes Revealed
- WRC 9 Arrives on November 10 For Xbox Series X|S
- WWE 2K Battlegrounds Roster Updates Arrive This Month – 10 WWE Superstars & 20 Customization Options
- Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.15 Available, Features Gameplay, MUT, Franchise, Presentation Updates & More – Patch Notes
- Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 9 Available, See The Changes Here
- NHL 21 Patch 1.2 Available – Plenty of Fixes, Uniform Updates & More – Patch Notes
- EA, NHL & NHLPA Extend Multi-Year Deal For EA Sports NHL Series
Operation Sports Videos
We have one other NBA 2K21 video to share with y’all today, and it’s also from Prince. This is an NBA 2K21 next-gen gameplay preview and breakdown, along with details about your pre-order options and the different version of 2K21 that will be available next week — including those who already own the game on current-gen consoles.
When discussing the best console launch sports game of all time, it’s actually quite hard to drill down to just five because sports games truly dominate console launches through history. They are not usually the top games people are waiting for at launch (except maybe with our audience), but they usually show off the new tech and are always there in force at launch. With that in mind, Matt came up with his top 5 launch sports games of all time.
Operation Sports Featured Articles
Codemasters has had a firm grasp on the top spot for racing titles for some time now by consistently delivering titles that captivate their communities and push the boundaries of what each generation can handle. With Dirt 5, they hope to see that trend continue by offering a free upgrade to the next generation of consoles. The dirt/off-road genre is a bit more crowded these days with titles like Forza Horizon, Dirt Rally, WRC, Tony Stewart’s Sprint Car series and a few more. While a bit crowded, the nice part is that each of these games offers a little something different to separate from the others. The question is does Dirt 5 follow that trend of offering something new or does it get stuck in the mud? Let’s find out in my Dirt 5 review.
I post a lot of sliders from the community, but I usually don’t post about them every single time there’s a new iteration. However, I think coming back around to the FIFA 21 Operation Sports Community Sliders is important here with a new patch out and some very clear issues that Matt10 and crew are trying to iron out to help the career mode fans out there.
OS user pedrito79 is doing some great work where he takes the data from WhoScored.com to create FIFA 21 custom tactics that replicate real-life teams. His focus has been on the EPL and the EFL Championship, but those are not the only teams he’s doing. He is also taking requests from the community and showing off his work every step of the way.
On top of that, one nice thing about Mike’s process is he always shows off a lot of video, and will even show off “proof of concept” for some of the issues his sliders are trying to correct. His sliders have also made me a believer in All-Madden, which is not a difficulty level I usually get behind.
If you’re looking for a way to get through the MLB offseason, one of the best recommendations I can make is putting the MLB The Show 20 sliders from JoshC1977 together with Bacon’s Fictional Roster. We’ve covered Bacon’s roster multiple time before, but I think it takes on added importance here because then you don’t need to worry about trying to update MLB teams throughout free agency, and you also don’t need to deal with the headaches of 30 team control or trying to get franchise mode to play nice.
Not only does strategy come into play when you are traversing the countryside, but it also becomes a huge factor when racing as an officer or even a driver. Each car is equipped with special options, and those options range from dropping spike strips to help escape the cops or capture the bad guys to calling in an aggressive helicopter to help assist you in the takedown.